NELSON MANDELA BAY CONVENTION BUREAU
The primary role of a Convention Bureau’s responsibility is to market and promote the destination to attract future meetings, incentive groups, conferences and exhibitions / events and similar related business events to the destination.
Nelson Mandela Bay’s Convention Bureau will gladly assist with your bid if the local Convention Bureau and the Association and / or Conference Organizer are in agreement. The following can be included:
- Letter of Support to be submitted with the bid from the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
- Request a letter of support from SA Tourism’s National Convention Bureau to be included in the bid.
- Request a letter of support from the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency to be included in the bid.
- City bid template for bid submission
- City information for bid submission
- Submit a request to the National Convention Bureau, your application will follow their processes
- Submit a request to the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency, your application will follow their processes.
This platform is used to boost, attract and entice delegates to attend the following conference in our destination. This usually takes place at a previous conference / event in order to boost the number of delegates to the conference.
CONFERENCE EVENT SUPPORT
The Nelson Mandela Bay Convention Bureau can supply
- City images to be included on conference website
- Tourist information which can be included on the conference website or share a link from the tourism website to the conference website
Promotional material is for the use of planners and organizers to use at their conferences and / or events. These could include from the MICE Planner, visitors’ guides, maps (in print or electronically), destination DVD, destination images.
Some conference and event organizers are not from the destination and may need to visit the destination to familiarize themselves with venues, the best location, introductions to service providers i.e. venues, accommodation establishments, etc.
Conference and Event organizers can upload their conference and or event on the tourism website
where their conference / event details are made available with the direct link to their respective website / social media pages.
PRE / POST TOURS
The NMB Convention Bureau can assist organizers with the following as Pre / Post options:
Nelson Mandela Bay have a pool of local suppliers that can assist with quotes. These job opportunities can increase the local economy.
The NMB Convention Bureau will put you in contact with the respective General Managers of the respective accommodation establishments.
WELCOME DESK AT THE PORT ELIZABETH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The conference / event organizer can request the use of the welcome desk at the arrivals hall at the Port Elizabeth International Airport. The application approval will be at the discretion of Airports Company South Africa.
INFORMATION DESKS CONFERENCE / EVENT EXHIBITION AREA
On request an information desk can be requested.
For more information on the above and other support available, kindly contact our destination marketing team.
Ms. Sadie Isaacs
Tel: 041 503 7513 / 041 503 7566